Thursday, September 11, 2008

That One Tragic Day

I was sitting in my home room class. Mrs. Robertson was my teacher. I was in the third grade, and i was 8 years old. I will never forget the look on my teachers face. She turned on the TV to the news and put her trembling hand over her mouth. Her eyes got big, and they changed color for her normal brown to a dark brown, nearly black. Her usual happy, and fun loving side left her in an instant as if an unknown force came and and took it all away. She walked out of the class room and into the hall where she met up with the other teachers and talked about something that us kids didn't seem to understand. The rest of the class and i looked up at the screen to try and figure out why our teachers where so upset, but none of us really understood what the big dill was. On the TV all we could see was two towers with smoke coming out of them like cigars. As a class we sit there with wonder and awe in our eyes and watched as the the buildings collapsed thinking "wow this is so cool". Our teacher finally came back into the room and explained what was going on to us in the best way she knew how. Her eyes where watery and her voice trembled as she told us what had happened on the day of 9/11. My memory will never leave me of this tragic day. I only wish that could have seen then what i see now, and not acted like it was no big deal.

No comments: