Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bonfire ...

This year for our homecoming the students here at _____ ISD, wont be having a bonfire. I personally happen to be one of the students and I'm very unhappy with it. The bonfire on homecoming is a tradition that we have had here ever sense my parents where in school. I love going to the bonfires every year. The bonfire on homecoming is probably what i look forward to the most through out the entire football season. I love to watch our boys beat up on the other teams of course, football is a game that I enjoy watching, but nothing can compare to the awsome intensity of the bonfire. I love to watch the flames of the huge fire that has burned deep in my soul ever sense I was a little girl. Fire has always been an interest to me. Something about it mezmorizes me. It's so beautiful. This year however, "they" are trying to tell me that we are going to have to break our tradition and not have the bonfire. It breaks my heart.
In replacement for the bonfire this year we are going to have a parade. This is a good idea i guess, but because we are such a small town our parade will consist of our 50 person band, our 8 varsity cheerleaders, 4 floats, and the football boys. The parade will simply be going aproxamatly 6 blocks. I have a lot of team spirit but the idea of getting rid of the bonfire was a really crappy idea in my mind.

No comments: